As you begin planning your next business trip, holiday getaway, or family outing, it’s important to establish a viable transportation solution with a reputable car hire firm, especially if you’d like to circumvent the need for expensive taxicabs and cramped transit buses during your travels.
However, finding a distinguished, trustworthy rental agency is oftentimes much easier said than done, especially when taking into account the seemingly limitless assortment of rent-a-car companies operating in the UK nowadays.
Therefore, in an effort to help you streamline your research efforts and land the best deal, we’ve compiled a comprehensive checklist to help refine your investigative efforts, so feel free to use this brief exposé as a beginner’s guide to finding the perfect car hire firm in your vicinity.
Step One – Seek Out a Firm That Offers Nationwide Coverage
First things first, you’ll want to ensure that your agency of choice can provide an inclusive pick-up and drop-off service regardless of your specific locale. So whether you happen to be in London, Heathrow, Gatwick, Luton, Stansted, or any other municipality, your rent-a-car partner should be able to facilitate comprehensive delivery and collection services at a moment’s notice.
Step Two – Ensure a Wide Range of In-House Vehicles
If you’d like to establish a long-term relationship with a single provider, it’s in your best interests to seek out an agency that offers an extensive selection of vehicles that are above and beyond your average city cars:
- Luxury brand convertibles and full-size sedans
- Well-equipped people carriers and amenity-packed vans
- High-end SUVs, 4×4 vehicles, and off-road-ready rovers
- Eco-friendly automobiles
- Small luxury hatchbacks (three and five-door options)
This type of offering will help you account for a vast array of different events, ranging from intimate family excursions all the way to large corporate gatherings.
Step Three – Look for Salient Value-Added Bonuses
In order to truly separate the contenders from the pretenders, you’ll have to turn your attention towards the vital add-ons and inclusions shown below:
- Easy-to-Use Booking Platform: To help streamline the reservation process, you’ll want to find an agency that touts a comprehensive online booking platform. If you’d like to see an example of what a reservation portal is supposed to look like, feel free to click here to book online with a renowned UK agency, foryou’ll see a detailed form that’s very easy to understand.
- Insurance Coverage Included: Even if your existing insurance provider offers coverage for rental cars, it’s important to avail yourself of an added layer of security directly from your rental agency as well. In this regard, the most distinguished rent-a-car firms pride themselves on offering comprehensive coverage for all in-house rentals, 24/7 breakdown assistance, and roadside coverage as well.
- Crucial Extras: To ensure an affordable rental, you’ll want to work with a company that provides free cancellations, collision damage waivers, airport car hires, and most importantly, no credit card fees for any processed payments.
With this helpful introductory guide at your disposal, you’re more than prepared to establish a long-term relationship with an upstanding rent-a-car firm in the area, so get started on your research as soon as possible!